|1||package||frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot blend|
|1/2||cup||Parmesan cheese, shredded|
|1 1/2||cups||mozzarella cheese, shredded|
|1/2||cup||provolone or Swiss cheese, shredded|
|6||Tbs||butter or margarine|
|1||med||red bell pepper, chopped|
|1/4||cup||all purpose flour|
|8||ounces||lasagna noodles, cooked and drained|
|1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thaw frozen vegetables and drain well. Chop coarsely. Set aside. Cook lasagna noodles as directed. |
2) In medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and basil, set aside.
3) In another bowl, combine mozzarella and provolone; set aside.
4) In medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in bell pepper, onion and garlic, saute 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Blend in flour, nutmeg and salt.
5) Add milk, whisking constantly. Cook, stirring, about 4 minutes, until mixture just boils and is thickened.
6) In bottom of a 12 X 8 inch baking pan, arrange half the noodles in a single layer. Top with half the white saucemixture, all of the ricotta mixture, all of the vegetable mixture, and half the mozzarella cheese mixture; press down lightly. Top with remaining noodle in a single layer, remaining white sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese mixture.
7) Bake 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees, or until hot and bubbly.
|1||lb||prepared pizza dough|
|12||cup||Romano cheese, grated|
|1||28 oz can||crushed tomatoes|
|salt and pepper (to taste)|
To make sauce: |
Heat olive oil. Add the crushed garlic cloves and saute, being careful not to let the garlic brown. Add tomatoes and onion flakes. Add basil, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 45 minutes. Cool sauce thoroughly.
Roll out pizza dough in desired pan. Spread sauce on crust and sprinkle with Romano cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. Serve at room temperature.